Transport For London – Road updates
Quiet times on roads – The quiet times on roads are between 10:00 and 15:00 and after 19:00 on weekdays, and before 10:00 and after 18:00 on weekends. During the week, you may find that roads around schools and on school bus routes are also particularly busy. As more schools, offices and businesses start to reopen, our road network may get busier and these times may change.
Greenwich – Until October there will be a series of works, including lane closures and temporary signals on the A206 between Christchurch Way and Angerstein Roundabout, while we build a cycle lane. Delays are expected, if possible travel during our quiet times for a better journey. Please plan ahead and check before you travel.
Gallows Corner flyover – New speed and weight restrictions on A127 Gallows Corner flyover. Vehicles over 7.5 tonnes will no longer be able to use the flyover and will need to use the roundabout underneath or find alternative routes. Additionally, the speed limit on the flyover will be reduced from 30mph to 20mph. These new restrictions will help to protect the flyover and reduce the need for additional works ahead of a major maintenance programme planned for mid-2021.
Knightsbridge – Until early November there will be lane restrictions and temporary lights on the A4, Knightsbridge at the junctions with Sloane Street and Brompton Road. These are for essential works carried out by Cadent Gas to replace a main.
Vauxhall Bridge – Until late November 2020, Vauxhall Bridge will be closed to general traffic in both directions, due to safety critical repair works. Southbound access will be maintained for buses, coaches and taxis. All other vehicles will be on diversion, and if using the signed diversion route will be exempt from the Congestion Charge and Ultra Low Emission Zone charges. Access for pedestrians and cyclists will be maintained at all times in both directions.
Shoreditch – Until 30 September 2020, Shoreditch High Street will have a contra-flow reducing the width of the carriageway in both directions between Holywell Lane and New Yards Inn. This is due to Shoreditch Village development works.
London Bridge – >From next week, the essential maintenance of London Bridge, carried out by the City of London, will be complete and London Bridge will reopen to general traffic on a restricted schedule.
- Between 07:00 and 19:00 Monday – Friday, bridge access will be limited to buses, licensed taxis, motorcyclists and people walking and cycling
- All traffic will be able to access the bridge after 19:00 and before 07:00 Monday – Friday and during weekends
- Licensed taxis are permitted to use the bridge at all times
Between 07:00 and 19:00 vehicles restricted from using London Bridge will need to use a different river crossing. Travel during quiet times and use alternative river crossings, including Westminster and Lambeth bridges where possible. Please plan ahead and check before you travel, for the latest information please visit status updates.
- A406 Fore Street Tunnel. Full closure from 22:00 Thursday 10 September until 05:00 the following morning.
- A12 George Green Tunnel. Closed eastbound from 22:00 Friday 11 September until 05:00 the following morning.
- Blackwall Tunnel Northbound. Closed northbound from 01:00-08:00 Sunday 13 September.
- Rotherhithe Tunnel. Full closure from22:00 Monday 14 September until 05:00 the following morning.